Monday, January 18, 2016

Good stuff!

Had a pretty successful fasting day today. Breakfast was pretty great. I made my fruity nutty cereal which is basically any type of berry you want (I had several different types), nuts (I used pecans and almonds), sliced banana, coconut in almond milk. Yum! If fresh peaches were in season that would be pretty awesome as well. But I imagine any type of fruit would work.
Then lunch was freakin great as well. I saw this recipe posted on Facebook this morning and I adapted it to be DFast friendly. Twice baked sweet potatoes. Pretty simple actually. Now I love me a sweet potato. I'm not talking about canned yams loaded down with sugar and marshmallows served on holidays. But the real thing with the skin. My dad always called it 'country candy' and we had them a lot growing up. Nothing better than a hot baked sweet potato slathered in butter. Yum. But since dairy's not allowed in the fast I tried this recipe instead. Keith isn't a huge sweet potato fan so we don't have them often. But I may have converted him. Sweet potatoes are a much healthier option than white potatoes so I'm going to try to get creative and add them to our diet more. I didn't get a picture of my sumptuous sweet potato lunch but here's the recipe

For supper we had the shish kababs.
These were a bit of a disappointment. The marinade was great and they tasted fine but they just seemed to be lacking somehow. Perhaps had I served it with something else, or added potatoes to the mix, they would have been more filling. I think they'd be great as a side dish but as the main entree, I just wasn't left very satisfied. However, this IS a fast lest I forget. :) I think that's kinda the point. Anyhow.  Definitely not a failure. Just not as amazing as breakfast and lunch.
A lot of these recipes are so satisfying that I often don't feel like I'm fasting at all. Keith's losing weight like crazy but he's also not going back for seconds like I am either. So I need to get myself under control and tell myself NO. :) Anyhow, hoping tomorrow is as successful as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment