Monday, January 18, 2016

Recipe- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes


Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potato(es)
olive oil
salt
pepper
rosemary
almond milk 

Bake sweet potato(es) in the oven or microwave (I was impatient and microwaved it for 10 minutes). When cooked through careful cut lengthwise and scoop out middle. Take the empty shells and brush inside and out with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. (Just watch them carefully so they don't burn -I find that every oven is different). While the potato skins are cooking, mash sweet potato filling and mix with milk* and seasoning **. Then when shells are done, stuff with filling and bake for an additional 10 minutes until heated through. 

*The amount of milk depends on the amount of your sweet potato filling. I just poured like a couple of Tbsp at a time (you don't want it to be too liquidy) until it was creamy, like mashed potatoes. 
**The seasonings are according to your taste. I'd never added salt to a sweet potato before but the salt along with the rosemary made a deliciously complex flavor. 

I wish I'd taken a picture but I gobbled it down too fast. I had to fight Keith off of them which I wasn't counting on since he's never been a big sweet potato fan. Guess I'll have to make more than just one next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment